Stop Harassing Collection Calls in Idaho
Idaho Debt Relief Attorney
If you are considering bankruptcy you likely have already experienced the frustration of dealing with harassing phone calls of creditors. Overaggressive creditors call almost non-stop at home at work and with threatening letters. A number of different laws govern what methods of collects that creditors and debt collectors are permissible in collecting debts. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) vare two of the laws which protect consumers from abusive practices.
Harassing Creditor Tactics
Your debt collectors are violating the law if they engage in any of the following practices:
- Falsely threatening to refer your matter to an attorney, harm your credit rating, repossess or garnish assets
- Use of obscene or profane language
- Use or threaten to use violence
- Causing a telephone to ring or engaging any person in telephone conversation repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy, abuse, or harass any person at the called number
- Publish a list of persons who allegedly refuse to pay debts, other than to credit bureaus
- Contact you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. without your consent or at any other time or place, which is unusual or known to be inconvenient
- Contact you at work after you have said that calls at work are not allowed
- Contact third parties without your consent such as relatives or neighbors other than to find out a debtors address and phone number
- If someone believes that they do not owe the money, and have notified the debt collector, the collector may not attempt contact again until they obtain and provide proof of the debt
Stop Foreclosure, Wage Garnishment & Creditors Fast
We can help you stop creditor harassment, stop foreclosure, stop wage garnishment, and get the debt relief you need. We can also help stop garnishments in Idaho fast or from happening at all with our Affordable Bankruptcy Program.
Get Relief with Idaho Debt Relief Lawyer
Weekes Law office will help you regain peace of mind by contacting creditors on your behalf to end the onslaught of phone calls. Our office will also provide you with tools in identifying violations of the law by creditors and assess legal remedies to go after abusive creditors. Our experienced bankruptcy attorneys know how to stop harassing phone calls in Idaho. Get help today from a knowledgeable Idaho attorney in bankruptcy. Your fresh start is just over the horizon!
Areas We Serve
Boise, Idaho 83713
Lehi, Utah 84043
Congress has designated Capstone Law, PLLC as a debt relief agency. We help people get relief through bankruptcy protection.
Please review the terms & conditions that apply to all offers on this site.